My blog is rinky-dink in terms of other’s here on WordPress. As of today I have 52 followers and that number is not growing by leaps and bounds more like at a snail’s pace. Nevertheless, I didn’t start writing here for readership so that’s not my focus. Blogging is like journaling, a way for me to put my world into a readable order. I’ve used this quote before; Fred Roger’s once said “What’s mentionable is manageable.”
I want to thank Sparrow in the Snow http://sparrowinthesnow.wordpress.com for a Reader Appreciation Award
Here are the rules she sent along with the award:
1. Include the award logo somewhere in your blog.
2. Answer these 10 questions, below, for fun if you want to.
3. Nominate 10 to 12 blogs you enjoy. Or you pick the number.
4. Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been included and invited to participate.
5. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- What is your favorite color? Blue
- What is your favorite animal? That’s a tough one because I love all creatures, down to the tiniest spider. If I could only chose one it would be a dog.
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Water, straight out of the faucet (well, in a cup, of course). 36 oz a day.
- Facebook or Twitter? Neither
- Favorite pattern? Any quilt pattern—bears paw, log cabin, nine-patch, whatever!
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Giving (I’m not good at accepting gifts)
- Favorite number? 20, both my kids were born on the 20th.
- Favorite day of the week? Saturday, no work today or tomorrow.
- Favorite flower? Clematis
- What is your passion? Children and their healthy development.
I want to thank Tiptoeing around the Abyss http://tiptoeingaroundtheabyss.wordpress.com/ for the Versatile Blogger Award
The rule of this award is:
1. Add the award to your blog
2. Thank the blogger who gave it to you and include a link to their blog.
3. Mention 7 random things about yourself.
4. List the rules.
5. Give the award to 15 or more bloggers.
7 random things about me:
1) I’m 5 foot 8 inches tall.
2) I hiked Mount Washington (highest mountain in the Northeast at 6,288).
3) I have houseplants in every room of my house, except bathrooms. Plants, trees and flowers – total of 36 plants.
4) I take care of 8 reptiles, 4 fish, 3 frogs, 1 dog and one guinea pig (all my kid’s pets).
5) I love to be out in the rain. I will garden, walk the dog, watch my kid’s soccer games, hike, anything to just get outside.
6) I read 4 books a month and I usually have more than one going on my nightstand.
7) I used to be a gymnast so I can’t wait for the Olympics.
I want to thank struggling with bipolar http://strugglingwithbipolar.wordpress.com for the Liebster blog award. The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but “the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient must then pass it on to five more blogs of note.”
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed (see below)
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
I would like to present all three of these awards I have to: