This has been a productive week for me. I’m feeling good in terms of my personal growth. 5 things jump out at me:
- I’ve been off Pristiq for 3 weeks
- I feel peaceful for the first time in years
- I went to another support group, Women for Sobriety, to help with my excessive wine drinking
- I saw my therapist (for the 3rd time) and she made me believe I may not need drugs for depression (at least not now—yippee!)
- Tonight I told my husband of 22 years about getting off antidepressants and that made all of this real to me. He said Good for you and meant it.
Wow, this is real-life shit and I’m living it…
What a tremendous feeling to actively be making positive steps toward a future that does not have a vision of me depressed, crawling through the days by eating, drinking and sleeping too much.
I’ve got to wrap myself around this sensation so that I can trap it — like my son’s corn snake when he catches a fuzzy rodent dinner. There’s no way the snake is letting his catch get away and I want that for my new-found sense of contentment.
I know I must work hard but I am ready…♥
I love reptiles, rodents & amphibians. Their needs are so primitive that no thought or feeling is involved in anything they do. Think about it… anyone with a mental illness can only wish for such a simple life. Imagine!